That being said, it's important to keep in mind that although they're made from all natural and healthy ingredients, you probably shouldn't be eating a whole raw cake for lunch. Because everything's been blended up and put in a compacted form, it's easy to get carried away, and before you know it you've eaten the equivalent to 2 cups of cashews and 1/3 of a cup of coconut oil in one sitting!
However they're still loads healthier than the store-bought processed stuff, so you can - and should - enjoy these guys completely guilt-free (in moderation of course)!
RAW KEYLIME PIE
(Makes 1 large cheesecake or about 10 mini ones)
- Shredded or desiccated coconut to coat the tin
- 2 cup almonds soaked for 15 (or any mix of nuts and seeds)
- 1/2 cup dates
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cup cashews, soaked overnight in water (or at least 4 hours)
- ¾ cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or rice malt syrup
1. Pour all the crust ingredients into a food processor and process until the mixture forms a ball.
2. Coat a non-stick tin with a removable bottom with the coconut and press the mixture.
3. Wash out the food processor before processing all the filling ingredients, blending until smooth and creamy.
4. Pour filling over crust evenly and freeze for at least 3 hours.
5. Let the pie defrost at room temperature for at least 10 minutes before serving. Tastes amazing with a sprinkle of coconut sugar too!
This recipe can easily be made into a raw lemon cheesecake by replacing the lime juice and zest 1:1 with lemon juice and zest instead.
This recipe is up there in my favourites so I really hope you guys like it too!