Cacao butter is known for its slight chocolatey taste (but not nearly as chocolatey as cacao powder) and upon trying it for the first time, I was instantly reminded of white chocolate. And of course having something reminiscent of white chocolate on hand meant I just had to try recreating this combination! I added vanilla extract and rice malt syrup to emphasise the white chocolate flavour of the cacao butter and mmmm, did it go down a treat!
RASPBERRY AND WHITE CHOCOLATE OATS
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (rice milk or organic soy milk are my favourites for this recipe)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp rice malt syrup (or to taste)
- 2 buttons (10g) raw cacao butter
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- Place all ingredients except for cacao butter and raspberries in a saucepan and heat on high. Cook whilst stirring until all liquid is nearly absorbed into the oats. This usually takes me around 5-8 minutes.
- Add cacao butter to the mix and stir until melted. The liquid should be thoroughly absorbed by this point.
- Take the oats off heat and stir through raspberries.
- Eat and enjoy!!
Hope you like it!