As it's that time of year again where everyone is getting sick, it's important to get as many nutrients into your body as possible. I've added bee pollen due to its high mineral content and immune boosting properties, goji berries for their antioxidants, and raw organic honey for its antibacterial properties, in order to properly nourish my body.
This recipe has been adapted from my Basic Oatmeal Recipe using the microwave method, but can easily be done with the stovetop method as well. It can also be made completely vegan by removing the bee pollen and substituting the honey for an alternative sweetener!
LEMON DELICIOUS OATMEAL
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1 cup liquid: boiling water or non-dairy milk (I like to use rice, oat, coconut or soy milk)
- 1 heaped tsp ground lemon myrtle
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- An extra 1/4 cup of non-dairy milk
- Toppings: 1/2 tsp raw organic honey, 1 tbsp goji berries, 1 tsp bee pollen, 1 tbsp coconut flakes, small handful of raspberries
- Mix the oats, flaxseed, lemon myrtle and coconut flakes in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Pour the boiling water or cold milk on top of the oats and stir.
- Cover and microwave for 1:30, checking at 30 second intervals. Sometimes the oats get too fluffy and start to rise above the bowl, so make sure to give them a stir before putting them back in to avoid them overflowing. (If using milk, simply microwave for 4 minutes instead)
- Take oats out of the microwave and top with the toppings
- Pour over the extra 1/4 cup of non-dairy milk and enjoy!
Do you have any favourite desserts you'd like me to make into oatmeal next?
Post below in the comments as I'm always looking for new oatmeal inspiration!!