Being gluten-free, vegan, refined sugar-free and grain-free, these will suit even the fussiest of eaters, and the secret ingredient (chickpeas!) and nut butter means you get an adequate serving of carbs and protein as well. They also freeze quite well if you leave them to defrost in the fridge before eating, meaning they're perfect for on-the-go snacks!
COOKIE DOUGH BITES
- 200g tinned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Handful of vegan choc-chips or cacao nibs
- Blend all ingredients but the choc-chips/cacao nibs in a high powered blender or food processor.
- Add water or non-dairy milk of choice to achieve a cookie dough texture.
- Scrape out of the blender and stir in the choc-chips/cacao nibs.
I served them with some raspberry-banana "nice cream" (1/2 cup frozen raspberries blended with 2 frozen bananas and a splash of coconut water) and fresh fruit for breakfast, but these are great by themselves as a snack, with vegan coconut ice-cream for a dessert or a raw chocolate drizzle for something extra fancy! Hope you like them!