Most people would never guess that these are refined sugar-free, vegan and gluten-free because they taste amazing, with their rich chocolatty taste and smooth texture, and they're a great way to prove to skeptics that vegan/healthy cooking doesn't mean food has to be boring. These babies are also great because you can use any mixture of dry ingredients so they're extremely versatile, and they can make as many or as few as you would like them to (I find 8 makes a good sized ball for me, but each person is totally different!) This is literally one of the most useful (and easy) recipes you'll ever need for entertaining!
CHOCOLATE BLISS BALLS
(Makes around 8)
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup mixed nuts/seeds/oats/coconut (I usually go for a mixture of cashews, almonds, walnuts, flaxseed)
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut water (or water)
- 2 tbsp desiccated or shredded coconut
- Blend all ingredients until it forms a dough, adding coconut water/water as needed.
- Roll mixture into 8 even balls.
- Roll in coconut and enjoy!
If you remake this recipe I'd love to see it, so don't forget to tag #healthforhappy on Instagram!