It's been a while since I've posted anything on here and I'm so sorry! With uni and work, life got pretty hectic so I didn't have any time to create new recipes, let alone post them on the blog. But, I'm on holidays now so I'm really looking forward to get back into it!
The other night I was stuck for dinner as we had little to no fresh produce in the fridge, so this baby was born. Using tinned tomatoes and tinned chickpeas, fresh produce almost wasn't needed, and I used leftover cooked potatoes so it was ready in just over 10 minutes in total! I can tell this recipe is going to become a staple dinner/lunch for me and I hope you love it as much as I do!
CHICKPEA AND TOMATO STEW
- 2 x 400g cans of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 100g potato or sweet potato, peeled and diced into 2cm cubes
- 2 x 400g cans of chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup packed sundried tomatoes, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup packed spinach, chopped
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 tbsp tahini
- Place chickpeas and potatoes into a saucepan on high heat.
- Once heated, add tomatoes, sundried tomatoes and garlic. Keep heat on high until warmed and turn down to a simmer and cover to cook the potatoes (I sometimes used leftover roasted potatoes instead which really speeds up the process – all you have to do is wait until the sundried tomatoes are softened!)
- Once cooked, add in spinach, spices, salt and pepper and (optionally) tahini. Stir until combined and remove from heat.
- Serve with brown rice, quinoa, barley, bread or cous cous with a side salad and enjoy!